September 24th and 25th
I have been remiss in posting. That is because I have neglected to take the camera to the farm market!
Here are some shots from 2 weekends ago.
There are a few less vendors now the summer is over and the kids are back in school.
And its been so hot, we have had to put up a tarp on the side of the tent to keep the sun off the jars!
And the wasps! Just call me the Wasp Lady! They LOVE our products!
Last weekend was slow. The Rock Creek Fall Fair was on and people just drove on by. However, those that came were in the mood to buy. The river is too low to tube. We think too many farmers and Big White take too much water out of the poor old Kettle River.
This is the lowest I’ve seen it in the last 20 years. We need some rain! Now that it is fall, we have had cool nights and mornings but it still can get hot in the afternoon.
We are all caught up on Strawberry Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce and Blueberry Garlic Jelly. This week we will have new:
- Beet Horseradish – this stuff is a blend of beets, sweet peppers, garlic, vinegar and – you guessed it – horseradish.
- Margarita Jam – I don’t usually make this in the summer, I usually go for the fresh fruit, but I’ve has soooo many requests
- Pina Colada Jam – ditto above
- Tequila Jalapeno Jelly – I can’t seem to make enough of this stuff!
- Apricot, Pepper, Onion and Garlic Jam – this stuff is sinfully good!
- Fresh Peach Muffins
- and Tarts. I have not yet decided what to make yet.
Oh yes, Stop on buy and try Dave’s Killer Tomato Juice!
PS Yes we are taking orders for Christmas! The form will be up on the site soon.
Posted on September 21, 2011, in Rock Creek Farm Market, Sweet, Unique and tagged Apricot Jalapeno Jelly, Boundry Country, Farm Market, Jam, Margarita Jam, Pina Colada Jam, Rock Creek Farm Market, Strawbeey Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce, Tequila Jalapeno Jelly. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.