Pickled Asparagus with a Twist
We made pickled asparagus Sunday and we made it with a twist! We added lemon.
- 4 pounds asparagus, trimmed to fit your jars and blanched in boiling water for approximately 10 seconds
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 slices of lemon
- 3 pint jars (or 4 – 12 ounce jelly jars)
- Sterilize your jars.
- Put the lemon slice, the dill and the garlic in the bottom and pack the trimmed and blanched asparagus into the jars (you choose if the tips go up or down).
- Bring the vinegar, water and spices to a boil. Pour into jars on top of asparagus, leaving at least 1/2 inch of head space.
- Put lids and rings on the jars.
- Then process in boiling water for 10 minutes.