Lake Village Bakery and Beary Good Stuff, a Match Made in Heaven
Or a Match at the Osoyoos Farm Market!
We are privileged to have our tent at the Osoyoos Market on Main beside the Lake Village Bakery. (You can follow Them and Us on Facebook too!) They are very busy – especially now that the town is full of visitors.
Last week we were not fast enough in buying a baguette, but today we managed to snag one – just as it was delivered to the market and still warm from the oven. We slice the baguette and quartered the slices for the samples of our delectable delights.
I wanted to get one to try a new recipe, but alas, they sold out at the market and by the time we made it to their store, they were sold out there too. We bought an Olive Sourdough Loaf, and I’ll share with you what we did with some of it.
Goat Cheese and Tequila Jalapeno Jelly Crostini
- 1 baguette (or other artisan bread)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 24 pieces sliced pepper
- 12 slices Cervalette Salami (or any other hard salami thinly sliced)
- 3 oz. spreadable goat cheese
- 1/2 jar Beary Good Stuff’s Tequila Jalapeno Jelly
- Diced Kalamata Olives
Please note, the ingredient list is approximate. The amount depends on the number of pieces of hors d’oeuvres you are making.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the baguette (or other artisan bread) diagonally into slices about 1/2 – 3/4 of an inch. Place them on a baking sheet and brush them lightly on each side with olive oil. Bake until golden and crisp. Cool slightly.
Alternatively, cut the bread into “2 bite” sized pieces, brush with olive oil and toast on a baking sheet in your toaster oven.
- Meanwhile get the other ingredients ready, slice the salami into pieces that will fit on your bread, slice some red onion 0r sweet pepper for garnish (and to help hold the jelly on the hors d’oeuvres). When the bread is toasted, place it on a plate.
- Add an appropriate amount of goat cheese to each piece of toast.
- Next, add some diced olives (or another savory element, such as diced chives, diced, sun dried tomatoes).
- Drape with half a slice of salami, add a teaspoon of Beary Good Stuff’s Tequila Jalapeno Jelly and garnish with a piece of sliced red pepper.
- Enjoy with a glass of wine! We are!
Posted on June 29, 2013, in Recipes, Unique and tagged Beary Good Stuff, Goat Cheese and Tequila Jalapeno Jelly Crostini, Osoyoos, Tequila Jalapeno Jelly, The Lake Village Bakery. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.