Back to Regularly Scheduled Programming…
We are back!
The Hill’s Garlic Festival was a hoot, we had a marvelous time. Her are a few shots:
We will be at the Farm Market in Grand Forks, BC today (Friday the 13th) until 1 PM and in Osoyoos, BC tomorrow from 8AM to 1 PM with LOTS of goodies!
Update for Saturday September 14th
- Beer (Moose Drool) Jelly – we make our beer jellies from micro-brewery beers. They have such wonderfully robust flavors! This particular batch is from a beer called Moose Drool. And is a great brown lager.
- Strawberry Cider Jam – Made from fresh strawberries and hard apple cider. The combination of strawberries and cider makes for a tangy and light flavor.
- Rosemary and White Wine Jelly – WOW!!! We make a rosemary tea infusion from the rosemary we grow and combine it with a lovely Pinot from the Okanagan to make a jelly that is great with cheese and crackers or with fish or lamb. (only 2 jars are left!!!)
- Strawberry Jalapeno Jam – Combining the sweetness of the strawberries with the mild heat of jalapenos makes for a very versatile jam. You should try it on a rare roast beef sandwich.
- Hot Zucchini Pickles – We make candied jalapenos. The jalapenos are cooked in the brine for 5 minutes and there is always lots left over. We slice smaller zucchini into spears and then pickle them in this sweet (and hot) brine for a truly different pickle!
- Margarita Jam – Made exactly like the drink (except for the salt) this limy confection is fabulous, on toast, in yogurt, on ice cream, made into a salad dressing…the possibilities are endless.
- Ringo Pepper Jelly – The hottest of our pepper jellies, it uses the ring of fire pepper. We start with cranberry juice and add a touch of raspberries to temper the heat. This jelly is great with chicken and cream cheese.
- Sold Out!!!
Red Onion and Russian Red Garlic Jelly (with Lime) – One of the first unique jellies we made was red onion jelly and it always has been a great seller. For the garlic festival we added some Midway Russian Red Garlic. We sold every jar we took to the festival! Lucky for our regular customers, we left a few jars at home.Sold Out!!!
- Tequila Jalapeno Jelly – When we first started creating for farm market patrons, we chose to create a pepper jelly with very little heat but still had a unique flavor. After a little experimentation, Tequila Jalapeno Jelly was born. This is the perfect cupboard staple for entertaining.
- Blueberry Garlic Jelly – This unusual combination works. Back in 2000, a friend who owns a seed garlic farm was looking for some recipes and some products made using our local Russian Red Garlic to take to a trade show and Blueberry Garlic Jelly was born. This jelly has replaced cranberry sauce in our house.
- Root Beer Jelly – Yes, it tastes just like root beer. We clean and pick the root beers ourselves. It involves a can opener…
- Orange Cream Soda – Having trouble getting your kids to eat breakfast? Try this in their yogurt or oatmeal or on whole wheat toast. It tastes like a creamsicle.
- Strawberry, Vanilla and Coconut Jam – Thank Easy’s parents for giving us this idea. We experimented until we got the proportions right. This jam has moved into 3rd place for sales at the markets. (Only 3 Jars Left until the next batch!!!)
- Peach, Vanilla and Coconut Jam – Yep, as above only with the best peaches you will ever taste! (It helps to know the people who grow them. You can get the varieties thatr taste fabulous but don’t ship well. So I turn them into jam.
- Spiced Plum Jam – Plums are the queen of fruit and make the most luscious jam. It is my favorite for PB & J Sandwiches.
- Peach Salsa – Tasty peaches and peppers picked when ripe make a big difference in flavor! You have to taste this to believe it.
- Tomato Salsa – We call this “The Best”. Vine ripened field tomatoes, peppers and onions with no sprays, the heat comes from hot peppers not dried spices. We process each batch carefully so the salsa tastes like it was freshly made. (Only 2-500 ml Jars are left!!!)
Stop by and say you read this post and get a free jar of Orange Cream Soda Jelly!