New Product Debuts at Osoyoos Farm Market and Some Recipes
Yes, its been awhile since I did a farm market, but that ends tomorrow! I will be at the Market on main in Osoyoos from 8-1 and I am looking forward to it.
I will be bringing:
- Strawberry Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce
- Strawberry Marmalade
- Strawberry Banana Jam
- Blueberry Lime Jam
- Root Beer Jelly
- Cherry Rhubarb Jam
- Pickled Asparagus
- Pickled Garlic
And a BRAND NEW PRODUCT Blueberry Maple Barbecue Sauce.
This sauce is especially tasty with chicken and fish or used stir frying carrots, onions, beets and parsnips.
Here are a couple of recipes using the Blueberry Maple Barbecue Sauce:
Blueberry Maple Barbecue Chicken
- 4-5 lb broiler/fryer Chicken cut into quarters or eighths
- Olive Oil to drizzle1
- Salt & Pepper
- Jar of Blueberry Maple Barbecue Sauce
Note: if using a charcoal grill, evenly distribute the hot charcoal to one side of the grill, if using a gas grill, turn one side to medium-high setting.
- Lightly coat the chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken skin side down on the grill. Turn the pieces every 2-3 minutes. Adjust the heat to prevent charring.
- Once the chicken is nicely grill marked, move to the cool side of the grill. At this point the chicken should roast in the high heat and not have direct contact with flame or the hottest portion of the grill.
- After 20 minutes, check the temperature of the chicken is 155f with an instant read thermometer inserted in the deepest portion of each piece.
- Now generously baste the chicken with the Blueberry Maple Barbecue Sauce and return the pieces to the hottest portion of the grill to crisp.
- Watch carefully and do not leave over the flame too long or the sugar from the sauce will caramelize quickly and could burn.
- Serve immediately with extra sauce.
And because we have the best Salmon in the world, here is a Salmon recipe:
Blueberry Maple Grilled Salmon
- Blueberry Maple Barbecue Sauce
- 4-9 oz Salmon Steaks
- Lime Wedges
- Place salmon in glass baking dish. Pour about a quarter of the sauce over the fish, turning to coat the salmon.
- Let the salmon marinate while preparing the barbecue or pre-heating the broiler (medium-high heat).
- Cook salmon until just opaque, brushing with the marinade occasionally (almost 4 minutes a side)
- Transfer to plates.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Posted on June 19, 2015, in Recipes, Unique and tagged Blueberry Maple Barbecue Sauce, Blueberry Maple Grilled Chicken, Osoyoos Market on Main. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on New Product Debuts at Osoyoos Farm Market and Some Recipes.