Ba-Da-Bing Cherry Marmalade
- 2 large Valencia Oranges
- Thinly sliced peel of 1 Lemon
- 4 Cups chopped cherries (I like to do mine in the food processor when they are partly frozen)
- 2 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice / water (you need 1/2 cup of liquid, if the cherries have been frozen, you can add the Cherry Juice to the Orange Juice and Water to make 1/2 Cup)
- 6 Cups Sugar
- 1 Box regular Pectin
- Wash and inspect 8 1/2 Pint or 250 ml. jars. Sterilize your jars in a boiling bath for at least 10 minutes.
- Process or quarter the cherries to make 4 cups. Place in your pot and add the pectin. Stir to ensure their are no lumps.
- Zest or remove only the coloured part and thinly slice of the lemon and the oranges.
- Juice the lemon and orange, and with their peels, put into the pot with the cherries.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking. Get your lids, funnel and ladle ready.
- Gradually stir in the sugar (ensure the fruit mixture is still simmering). Bring to a full rolling boil that can not be stirred down, for at last one minute (stir constantly).
- Turn off the heat and remove the pot from the stove.
- Remove the jars from the boiling bath and fill the hot jars with the marmalade, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe the rim and threads of the jars with a clean, damp paper towel. Cover with hot lids and put on the screw rings.
- Process the marmalade in a 200 degree water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars to a folded towel or a rack in a draft free place until cool. (and listen to the jars ping!)