Strawberry Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce
One of the big sellers we have had at the market has been our Strawberry Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce. Now, we are sharing our recipe with you.
This has always been a 3 step process for us:
- First, we made the Strawberry Jalapeno Jam
- Then the Barbeque Sauce and
- Then we combined, cooked and canned it.
You can now make your own, fresh, when you want it!
For the sauce:
- ½ cup diced onion (125ml)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (15ml)
- 2 tablespoons Beary Good Stuff’s Strawberry Jalapeno Jam (15ml)
- ½ cup beer (125ml)
- ½ cup bottled bbq sauce (45ml)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
To prepare the sauce:
- Place a skillet over medium high heat add oil and allow to heat for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes or until onions are tender but not browned (To make the sauce extra hot, add a diced jalapeno).
- Stir in the beer, bbq sauce, lemon juice and strawberry jalapeno jam.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes – don’t let it boil – remove from heat.
- Allow mixture to cool and place into the refrigerator overnight.
This will make approximately 1 cup of sauce!
This is a great sauce for ribs, chicken, burgers and makes a wonderful pulled pork!