Makes 6-8 pint
Caribbean Pork Burgers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely grated lime rind
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 lb (454 g) ground pork
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a bowl, mix together lime rind, thyme, allspice, hot pepper flakes and salt ; mix in pork. Shape into four 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties. (Make-ahead: Layer separated by waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 1 month.)
- Place patties on greased grill over medium-high heat or under broiler; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside and digital thermometer inserted sideways into center reads 160°F (71°C), 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sandwich along with salsa in buns.