Red Lentil Soup
- 1 1/2 cups Red Lentils (dried) rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Onion, Finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Ginger Root, grated
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric
- 1 Tsp. Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 8 Cups Broth (I use vegetable)
- 1 1/2 C. Diced Canned Tomatoes
- 1 1/3 Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/4 C. Lime Juice
- Fresh Cilantro
- Rinse the lentils and drain.
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent.Add the garlic. grated ginger and spices.
- Cook 1 Minute while stirring and Add the lentils, broth, diced tomatoes Salt and Pepper (I usually omit Salt and Pepper and let people add it to taste in their bowls).
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the lentils are very soft. Pour in the Coconut milk and lime juice. Heat to serving temperature.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with the cilantro.